Thursday, September 24, 2009

Be Fruitful and Multiply

Some things that I am thinking about. How am I supposed to "be fruitful and multiply" when I'm not pregnant? And can't seem to get pregnant?

"Then God blessed them, and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominon over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.'" -Genesis 1:28

So we assume that this means girls must people the world, as Bennedict puts it. Yet, when God has not given me this ability, how can I perform His will?

"but all the members do not have the same function...having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, let us use them." -Romans 12:4, 6

Complaining to oneself and taking a nice, long introspective look ("maybe there is sin and that's why God hasn't blessed me") is also NOT the answer.

I must remember that I can not accomplish anything. I must remember that all things are from the Lord. He brings two together to make one; that He opens and closes the womb; that He brings the rains in the spring and the sun in the summer for the multiplication at harvest. Rembering that God is the one who does all this, what has He multiplied for me? How has He increased our number? I must be thankful for that increase, whether it be related to just me, or if Jesse got another class to teach, or if he got a compliment on how well he does, or if I were given a new opportunity.

Thanks be to God for a faithful husband, good jobs for us, an increase in wealth, a growth in maturity, and a desire for more.

"Trust in the Lord, and do good; dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness. Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of you heart." -Psalm 37:3,4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers